Greetings,
I discovered water via failed bedding at the starboard chain plate had been
draining into the cavity behind the settee bulkhead where the
plate/nuts are accessible. It's all glassed but the trapped water sloshed
during sailing and saturated the unsealed plywood edges of the access port.
Now I'm worried about rot around the plate bolts in addition to a wet deck
core. Ugh.

I've temp sealed the deck plate with Gorilla tape and am considering ways
for drying things under deck (we're on a ball so no AC). Once I get a
handle on any rot issues, I'll be cleaning/rebedding both chainplates.

Any thoughts on this process?
Thoughts on using butyl tape for bedding instead of 4200?
The nuts/bolts were new when new chainplates were installed in 2011. Should
I replace these?

The boat is a 1985 37' 6.7 draft

Any expertise, references, links will be most appreciated.

Peter McMinn
SV Sirius

                         _/)
Thanks for your help.