For the 2nd time in its 30 yr life, I left my Navtec cylinder with the local
hydraulic shop for a rebuild.
Unfortunately it’s so old that complete rebuild kits are not available but he
is replacing what he can with what is available re seals, etc.
Since it is basically a manual pump and assuming no scoring or other damage to
the metal parts, I think that any disposable parts are either seals or
‘0-rings’ which are likely available in the appropriate sizes and diameters
individually from McMaster-Carr.
My thought is to tell him to source the individual items and build a rebuild
kit himself.
OTOH, I have never seen the inside of any hydraulic pump!
Am I oversimplifying this or is the hydraulic shop just doing the ‘rebuild’
with what parts of the rebuild are easily and relatively cheaply available to
keep the rebuild simple without disassembling and sourcing the parts that would
likely be part of a complete rebuild kit?

Charlie NelsonWater Phantom1995 C&C 36 XL/kcb

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Friday, November 17, 2023, 6:27 PM, David Risch via CnC-List