FYI, when Lew Townsend rebuilt my Navtec, he gave me a nice black composite
washer/disc to go on top to protect the seal.  Until then I just used a
rubber washer from a big box hardware store.  A stainless washer works fine
also.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 6:31 PM CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Used a local NJ hydraulic shop twice in 21 years owning my boat.
> I typically leave 500# pressure at the slip and keep a SS washer on the
> rod above the cylinder to protect that O-ring seal from UVs.

Thanks for your help.
Stu