I'm using a Logitech mouse without any additional drivers installed.

I tried using a couple of Logitech mouses, directly attached to the Laptop,
attached to the Hub inside the monitor, nothing changes. Every mouse behaves
the same way that is, it's lagging on the initial scroll.

I'll try to find some more mice from different vendors to see if this makes any
difference. And I'll run Instruments to see if I can identify the bottleneck.

- Michael