are you calling the servlet first and having it talk to
cocoon?  If so, then you need to use the <map:generate
type="stream"> pipeline to capture the output and then
have it processed by the rest of the pipeline - this is
what I do with my stuff  (plus some other URLConnection
setup stuff in the servlet)...  If you need an example,
please let me know...

peace.  JOe...