> From: Al-Qalb el-Mounir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> I am using jdk1.3.1_02 that I downloaded recent from
> Sun.

1.3 is good.

> I could not use j2sdk1.4.0. It was complaining
> about not being able to understand the major/minor
> numbers. But I am satisfied with any jdk that will get
> cocoon to work on my system. My machine has 350mbyte
> ram. I am running a second webserver/tomcat. So what
> should I do?

>From catalina.sh:

#
#   CATALINA_OPTS (Optional) Java runtime options used when the "start",
#                 "stop", or "run" command is executed.
#

So, you have to do:

$ CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx200Mb; export CATALINA_OPTS
$ ./startup.sh

Change 200Mb to whatever value you want. Anything above 64Mb should be
Ok.

Vadim