SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous dijo:
> And especially the newbies can give so valuable insight, even if they
seem to be ignorant (they aren't ignorant at all. They are new to this
!!!)

Yes I know this point, but for this reason you cannot just come here and
after 12 hours, start attacking something you dont know. This is the worng
way. In place you can ask in another way.

Also, everyone of us had the same problem and feel when we started at
Cocoon. This is crazy, my first question was: "When can I start?".

But this is not a good approach sign-in on the mail list and start
commenting about this. If you wish a well documented framework wait for
the release of MS .NET of mid 2005 and maybe at that time you will have
something that will looks that the current version of Cocoon. Of course
Cocoon in that time will be light-years ahead! I am not joking. MS already
has started a few months ago a similar project in the .NET arena.

In the OpenSources the things goes a diferent way. This is not a company
where are people getting money to support you. Then the less you can do is
thanks people that use his time to help you. How you will fell if somebody
stop you at the street and start attacking you just because you dont know
where is the street called "X"? This is ridiculous, right? I think some
people here had the same feel.

Nobody is forced to convince you stay and for tis reason I better stay
away of this class of thread. If he does not want to get this nice stuff.
His problem, not mine. ;-) But I bet he will come back. I saw it many
times in the timeline.....

At the end,

I remember the times when some people was attacking GUI, just because
there does not understand it. It was at my students days..... Some
collegues told things like:

"Windows 3.1 requiere too many recurses and is so slow. This will never be
a good stuff" At that time (1992) a 286 with 1 MB and HD 40 MB was a super
computer for a student like us. i386 was the Opteron of these days (the
new 32-bits technology - wow!, like now is the transition to the new
64-bits technology - wow again! :-).

I remember one teacher that told:

"You think you are the 'great boys' just because you can open 30 windows
in your PC. I dont want to waste my eyes burning it with 640*468 pixel
lightning at my eyes!"

Behind his back we joking if he has a room at his house with his own
saloon computer all just for him!". Because for him our computers was toys
and nothing more.

Maybe you will be loling about this comments. But this was what we meet at
the University at my times. People that all the time used text terminal
and with the GUI revolution just starting they does not understand what
happens around and just attacking GUI.

Another example of this, the long discusion about if Java will survive or
not? We have C and C++!

Well, we are know at the doors of the Web revolution called XML. Please
open your eyes!

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

> Maybe we should calm down a bit and take this thread really
> serious. It contains much of material to think about.
> And in many senses the criticism here can't be discussed
> away.

I never got angry. I agree.

Antonio Gallardo.