COinS showed that is in fact possible to do so- there are probably more COinS
in the wild than OpenURLs.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ed's suggestion, (request headers, too)
although I previously had implemented something along the lines of what Ross
suggested.

On Apr 30, 2010, at 11:21 AM, Ed Summers wrote:

> I doubt I understand the full scope of the problem (never made it
> through the spec myself). But I imagine a sensible use of HTTP status
> codes would've gotten most of the way there.
>
> //Ed

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.
41 Watchung Plaza, #132