Quoting Jakob Voss <jakob.v...@gbv.de>:

I bet there are several reasons why OpenURL failed in some way but I
think one reason is that SFX got sold to Ex Libris. Afterwards there
was no interest of Ex Libris to get a simple clean standard and most
libraries ended up in buying a black box with an OpenURL label on it -
instead of developing they own systems based on a common standard. I
bet you can track most bad library standards to commercial vendors. I
don't trust any standard without open specification and a reusable Open
Source reference implementation.

For what it's worth, that does not coincide with my experience.

kc
--
Karen Coyle
kco...@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net