On 07.06.2010 16:15, Jay Luker wrote:
Hi all,

I found this thread rather interesting and figured I'd try and revive
the convo since apparently some things have been happening in the
twitter annotation space in the past month. I just read on techcrunch
that testing of the annotation features will commence next week [1].
Also it appears that an initial schema for a "book" type has been
defined [2].

> [1] http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/02/twitter-annotations-testing/
> [2] http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Annotations-Overview#RecommendedTypes

Have any code4libbers gotten involved in this beyond just opining on list?

I don't this so - the discussion slipped to general data modelling questions. For the specific, limited use case of twitter annotations I bet the recommended format from [2] will be fine (title is implied as common attribute, url is optional):

{"book":{
  "title": "...",
  "author": "...",
  "year": "YYYY",
}}

I only miss an "article" type with a "doi" field for non-books.

Cheers,
Jako

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.v...@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany