I mean, really, if the folks at RefWorks, EndNote, Papers, Zotero and LibX
don't have crash programs underway to integrate Twitter clients into their
software to send and receive  reference metadata payloads they can use in the
Twitter annotation field, they really ought to hire me to come and bash some
sense into them. Really.

I still think by-reference payloads would got the farthest, as described at
http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/2010/04/when-shall-we-link.html
would go the farthest, but surely these folks know very well what they can send
and receive.

Eric

Eric Hellman
President, Gluejar, Inc.