Learning UNIX is fine. However, I do think learning SQL might be a better
investment. So many of our resources are in databases. Understanding indexing,
sorting and relevancy ranking of our databases is also crucial. With linked
data being all the rage knowing about sparql endpoints is important.  The
presentation of the information from databases under our control  needs work.
Is the information we present actionable or just strings?

Or maybe I just like those topics better and find the work being done there
fascinating?

Dave Bigwood
dbigw...@hou.usra.edu
Lunar and Planetary institute