A few other readings I use on *nix:

   - Powers, E. (2012).  Why I learned to love the command line. Hack
   Library School: By, For, and About Library School Students.

http://hacklibschool.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/why-i-learned-to-love-the-command-line/

   - Stephenson, Neal. (1999). In the beginning was the command line.
   http://www.cryptonomicon.com/beginning.html
   - Raymond, E. S. (1999). The cathedral and the bazaar. Sebastapol, CA: :
   O’Reilly & Associates. http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

   - Cocciolo, A. (2013). Unix commands and batch processing for the
   reluctant librarian or archivist. Code4Lib Journal 23.
   http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/9158
   - Phillips, M. 2011. Metadata Analysis at the Command-line. Code4Lib
   Journal 19. http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/7818
   - Coyle, K. (2007).  Learning to love Linux. The Journal of Academic
   Librarianship 34(1), 72-73.

The Cocciolo article is good, but I wish the title were different.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer