OK, I thought you were referring to the native device gallery and
misunderstood you.

That isn't our camera demo from the gallery
https://www.codenameone.com/demos.html
How are you capturing the image?

Notice that if an image exceeds a certain size in pixels some Android
devices won't be able to show it "as is" which sometimes means a phone with
a high res camera can't instantly show its captured images and needs to
shrink them first.