I used the CameraDemo App generated from the Codename One Intellij-Idea
Plugin version 3.5.5.

I will try the provided apk to see if there is something different.

Samsung Galaxy S3 NEo has a lower resolution camera then the Huawei Y560.
However the Huwei has a bit bigger screen.

It's possible is an API incompatibility with the oldre Android Version?