From: Omo Oaiya <omo.oa...@wacren.net>
Date: Friday, 14 October 2016 at 21:25
To: Andrew Alston <andrew.als...@liquidtelecom.com>
Cc: Omo Oaiya <omo.oa...@wacren.net>, Noah <n...@neo.co.tz>, General
Discussions of AFRINIC <community-discuss@afrinic.net>
Subject: Re: [Community-Discuss] IPv6 Chapter 254

On 14 October 2016 at 17:34, Andrew Alston
<andrew.als...@liquidtelecom.com<mailto:andrew.als...@liquidtelecom.com>> wrote:

We all have our worries about Cloud Innovation – but if you’re going to give
stats to the list – at least make them accurate.

Cloud innovation according to the AfriNIC database has 2 /12s and 1 /11, which
is 33% below what you claim in your email below.

Is it?

whois -B -h whois.afrinic.net<http://whois.afrinic.net> -r -T aut-num -T
inet6num -T inetnum -i og 'ORG-CIL1-AFRINIC'

Some interesting things about this space though.  The majority of it
(shockingly) is announced out of South Africa and visible via the South African
internet exchanges.  *Shrug*

I wonder how correct that is if you got the numbers wrong.  The point however
was that the addresses are being depleted so the noise is not necessary.

I'd also like to remind you that you are a board member and your commentary is
often inappropriate and unbecoming .... regardless of disclaimers.