Yes, Confluence uses Textile.

I've been using Confluence/Textile at work for several months now,
and, IMHO, it's the fastest, best way for geeks-like-me to write
documents, especially technical documents.

When you hook up Confluence with JIRA and Subversion, things start to
get very, very tasty.

If anyone wants to take a Confluence space for spin, and see for
yourself,  just let me know.

-Ted.