> Am 27.10.2016 um 23:13 schrieb Boudewijn <wankelwan...@yahoo.com>:
>
> On Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:43:27 PM CEST H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi,
>> finally we got a time slot tomorrow to do the next
>> soldering tests for the GTA04A5.
>> The plan for tomorrow is try to solder 4 PoP systems
>> with different preparation: (...)
>> Puh. Quite costly to produce scrap since we will not
>> solder any other components and therefore we can
>> only do X-ray inspection and measure for short circuits.
>> There is no possibility to test if the DM3730 SoC would
>> work well and has really all pads connected.
>
> Costly indeed and frustrating to have (out of necessity) so much time between
> test runs!

It is much easier to run the compiler, boot a device and check
for errors :) So open software is much easier...

>> On the kernel side there is also some news.
>> The news is about the open source kernel driver. I
>> have finally managed to get it compiled again on
>> letux-4.9-rc2. And in a way that it is a simple kernel
>> module. Well, if you want to call a 4 MByte .ko "simple".
>>
>> modprobing on the GTA04 almost succeeds, except an
>> error message from the "reset framework". This was
>> expected,
>
> As it is the letux-kernel, does the same go for modprobing on the Pyra?

Not yet, but I have planned to do it the same way - if possible.
There is some work by others who have helped but it is not yet
integrated. For example you can find the omap5 sgx firmware as
a debian package here:

http://packages.pyra-handheld.com/debian/pool/main/o/omap5-sgx-ddk-um-linux/

>> So thats it for today. And I hope I can bring some
>> news about the GTA04A5 tomorrow.
>
> Thanks, and good luck tomorrow!

Thanks, we will need it :)

BR,