Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:47:11 -0700
From: Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I installed a larger hard drive in my SE/30 and made a few partitions
to be able to boot different OS versions, but I'm having difficulting
specifying which volume to boot from.  I used the startup disk control
panel to select the partition I wanted to boot, and then when I open
the control panel again to confirm it made the selection, it shows all
the partitions as being selected.  When I reboot, the first partition
always boots no matter which partition I choose.  The system folders
in the other partitions are blessed.

For the older operating systems (pre 7.6?) one needed a utility usually included with the disk formatting software, in order to set which partition to boot from.

APS PowerTools and FWB Hard Disk Tool Kit included utilities or features that allowed one to choose a boot partition among other functions.

It might be an interesting experiment to try the Start-Up Disk CP from 7.6.1 with the earlier OSs.

Jeff Walther