On 24 Dec 2005, at 13:44, Antonio Rodríguez wrote:

I think chase refers to the hinge-like tool used to separate the two parts of the compacts' cases. I have no need to use it, because with my Classic I use what I call the "pillow method": I remove all four screws (with a long handle TX-15, of course ;-) ), and then place the Classic over my bed, with the screen facing down, and gently sake it by the handle until the upper part of the case bets loose. You only have to take care to remove the case vertically so you don't break the CRT's neck.

Yep, I've never used a hingy-thingy in my life, and I must have opened many hundred Compacts.


Compact Macs is sponsored by <http://lowendmac.com/>.

     Support Low End Mac <http://lowendmac.com/lists/support.html>

Compact Macs list info: <http://lowendmac.com/lists/compact.shtml>
 --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:  <mailto:compact.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal

Reply via email to