Many users feel stolen by UCT programs. I have read that
in the KGS chatrooms. Normal users do not count with
+/- 0.5 point precision. They have the impression the
program blundered and they caught up. But when the
program counts, surprise!, it wins by 0.5 points Chinese.

If the program blundered as you said and still wins, it means
that the program already won much earlier in the game. It is not a matter
of chinese or japanese rules, and it is not a steal.
Also, as you speak about KGS chatrooms, this behavior has been
explained many times by developers, and now I feel many people
know that, and when someone is surprised, there is almost always
someone explaining why. The informations in the program profile
are also here for that.

Sylvain