Hello All,

First, Thanks to Nick for doing these tournaments and for asking what we would like.

Sticking with most of the replies I have seen so far, I will send my votes on the form directly to Nick, but will comment here on a few points.

First, I am wondering about the 2-out-of-3 bias for smaller boards. Given that CGOS is now a regularly used resource, could simple back and forth 19x19 one month, and the 9-13 parings the next be a better choice? With so many stronger programs are we now ready for more regular 19x19 tournaments? I think so.

The Formal/Open structure has always had a distinct possibility of impacting us because SlugGo is a GNU Go wrapper (not the much feared clone) which significantly uses GNU Go code, but often makes moves that GNU Go would not (for better and for worse). So far it has not been a problem sharing the Formal division with the GNU folks. I have asked them a few days in advance of the tournament if I can take the Formal spot and except for a few times when I did not get any answer in a timely way (it happens on open source projects) they said OK, or if they wanted the Formal spot to check something new, SlugGo went into the Open division. It has worked fine for us. But the reason for the divide (what if there are a whole slew of GNU clones?) never did materialize.

SlugGo has not been in a KGS tournament in a while, but we hope to get some things done and be able to bring some new software to a tournament soon.

Cheers,
David