On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:48 +0200, Erik van der Werf wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Don Dailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I don't know if even size boards are special, but it seems to me that
> > such small boards should have very high komi's.   4.0 seems pretty low
> > but then I'm really no expert on komi's and I'm a pretty weak player so
> > I'm not in any position to really say.
>
> The center is the best opening move for all small odd size boards.
> Small even size boards have a lower komi because there is no center
> point.
>
> I'm quite confident that 4.0 is the correct komi for 6x6.

I'm playing a series of games with Leela to see what Leela thinks is the
correct komi for 6x6 boards.

I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.  I
tried a bunch of 3.5 komi games and white won all 12 of them.

So I tried 2.5 and white won the first game.

So I tried 0.5 komi and white won 2 games!

The only thing I know to check is to see if I am sending the proper komi
to the programs.    The only other possible glitch is that the version
of leela I am using is ignoring the komi I send - but I don't think this
is the case.   I can test that on a bigger board.

Here are the two 0.5 komi games:

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]
RU[Chinese]SZ[6]KM[0.5]
PW[LeeA]PB[LeeB]DT[2008-09-25]PC[Autotest]RE[W+Resign]GN[1]
;B[cd]
;W[dc]
;B[dd]
;W[cc]
;B[db]
;W[ed]
;B[bc]
;W[cb]
;B[eb]
;W[ec]
;B[bb]
;W[ce]
;B[ee]
;W[de]
;B[bd]
;W[fe]
;B[ef]
;W[df]
)

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]
RU[Chinese]SZ[6]KM[0.5]
PW[LeeB]PB[LeeA]DT[2008-09-25]PC[Autotest]RE[W+Resign]GN[2]
;B[dd]
;W[cc]
;B[cd]
;W[dc]