Rémi Coulom: <49461936.2080...@univ-lille3.fr>:
>Darren Cook wrote:
>> I was reading a report on the UEC Cup [1] on a (Japanese) blog, and if I
>> understood correctly the results were:
>>   1. Crazy stone
>>   2. Fudogo (?) (Hideki Kato's program)
>>   3. Many Faces
>>   4. Katsunari

1. Crazy Stone
2. Fudo Go
3. Many Faces of Go
4. Katsunari
5. Aya

>> (Mogo had time trouble and pulled out?)
>>
>> Crazy stone then played against Kaori Aoba, 4p, at a 7-stone handicap
>> and won by resignation. Making crazy stone 4 or 5 dan, by Japanese
>> standards. Maybe 2-3 dan European?
>>
>> Can anyone post more information? What hardware was Crazy Stone running on?
>>
>> Darren
>>
>> [1]: The home page is here, but no information here yet:
>>  http://jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp/~igo/2008/eng/
>>

>Crazy Stone was running on the same 8-core PC that won the H8 game of
>FIT2008. I am waiting impatiently for more information. At least 3
>persons who attended sent an email telling that the game was very
>beautiful, but I don't have a game record yet.
>
>MoGo lost because of problems with remote play. This is the info I have:
>"MoGo lost the first game of the final round today by time-out due to
>the overhead of network delay (via KGS) and the manual input of the moves".
>
>It seems that Aya took 5th place. Aya was not lucky with the pairings.

Yes, Aya was not lucky and Fudo Go was very lucky. :)
The tournament tree after best eight was:

                     CS
         CS                         Fudo
   CS        MFG           Katsunari          Fudo
CS* agouti Aya* MFG  Katsunari* Gogonomitan RGO Fudo

Three stars show seeded programs.

Advertisement: Fudo Go used a desktop pc (Intel Q9550) and _eight_
Playstation 3 consoles on a private Gigabit Ethernet LAN.

Hideki Kato
--
g...@nue.ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Kato)