My understanding of the PlayStation is that it's a Cell architecture, with one main CPU and six auxilary processing units with limited capability. Of course you don't need much for something to do MC playouts, so it seems a very suitable architecture. So 8 PS3s gives a total of 56 CPU's. Plus the four of the desktop that would make 60.

I have mixed feelings about this piling up of hardware. On the one hand it's exciting. Complex parallel processing to improve the level of play is very interesting. On the other hand, I hope attention doesn't only go towards putting more computing power together.

Mark