Gesendet: Freitag, 13. November 2015 um 02:15 Uhr
Von: fotl...@smart-games.com
An: computer-go@computer-go.org
Betreff: Re: [Computer-go] Frisbee Go Simulation
Yesterday I modified Many Faces to play Frisbee go an played a few games with
some other people at the Beijing Computer go tournament.  It's a very strange
game.  If there is interest I can make an installer and make it available for
free.

Josef Moudrik is also writing a program.

David

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:29:50 -0500, John Tromp <john.tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Nick Wedd <mapr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about the ko rule for frisbee ko, and realised it leads to
> problems.
>
> 1. Black takes a ko, White tries to make a ko threat, but accidentally
> retakes the ko. What should happen?

This was already covered by having any illegal frisbee landing revert to a pass.
Btw, it's impossible to make a ko threat neighbouring a ko retake, as
all those points are occupied:(

> 2. Black takes a ko. White tries to make a ko threat, but fails to make a
> valid move. Black tries to make connect the ko, but fails to make a valid
> move. May White now (try to) retake the ko?

Being a superko fan myself, the answer is clear: not if it repeats the position.

regards,
-John