Is the issue perhaps that Firefox doesn't run well on older computers with slower processors and less RAM?

Tom Piwowar wrote:
My heavily used FireFox 2.0.0.4 with lots of add-ons starts in about 3 seconds. If you are got getting that, something is wrong. Which is good news because that means it is fixable. Did you try safe-mode? I just took a look at it. The safe-mode startup also offers a list of things it will reset. It can reset the stuff that is most likely to be causing your problems.

That's relatively bizarre, since recent versions of SeaMonkey and
Firefox use the same Gecko basis to operate, they can in fact use most
of the same extensions with no problem.  If all you want is quick
ala SeaMonkey will speed things up.  It's certainly a better choice than
Internet Exploder.