At 11:34 AM 11/01/2007 -0500, Tom Piwowar wrote
I just noticed an interesting sidebar in Shutterbug magazine (May, p 26).

"many cameras will need firmware/software upgrades to be Vista compatible
and some won't work at all..." "What's this got to do with Microsoft's
plan to overthrow JPEG...

They mention that some major camera makers have no plans to upgrade their
cameras to work with Vista.

Why won't cameras "work" with Vista? Are they talking here about the actual camera files, or are they talking about the camera software that one is encouraged to install? I don't use camera software. Just hook the camera to the computer and grab the files off the camera drive, whatever they are, and save them as I want them saved. Am I missing something?

Sue