> On NPR there was a story claiming the US was a winner initially in the
> lineup of those nations affording access to broadband internet being
> amongst the top 4 while now we are 15th behing Luxembourg ...I know
> this for sure having recently visited Belgium where ...

While it is certainly true that communications in the US leave MUCH to be
desired, and that certain greedy companies are treating customers like dirt,
there are certain facts that must be considered.  I have prepared the
informative table below. :)

Country               Area (sq. mi.)
Luxembourg             999
Belgium             11,787
USA              3,794,083

Put another way, the US has to wire up 3,798 Luxembourgs. :)