> Or he knows that after MS announced this developers went apesh*t and MS
> backed off and said it was just a concept.

Where did MS "announce" this?. Outside of MS Research, I haven't seen MS
discuss Singularity or Midori at all. Where did they announce it, and where
did the developers go apesh*t?

In any event, since this is being done by MS Research, and since MSR clearly
labels it as a concept, it was well known to anyone following the story that
it is, in fact, "just a concept" (albeit one that you can download and run).

My point was that certain people would sooner sleep on bed of hot coals than
acknowledge that MS is quite well aware of Windows's shortcomings AND might
be trying to do something about it. He says that "[Gates] knows Windows
sucks, but mistakenly thinks he can apply band aids to make it better." The
existence of Singularity/Midori neatly disproves this statement.