>My co-worker would like to be able to view the image files I've uploaded
>to the FTP site, & since I don't have any problems working with Firefox
>for downloading & viewing the files, I thought that might be a simple
>solution for her.

If you have files in a directory the browser's normal mode of operation
is to list the files as a list of links. Clicking on the link opens the
file in the browser. It the files are JPEGs the browser will be able to
display them. This assumes the file are not too large.

Your server may be blocking directory listing as a security measure. Then
you may need to generate an index with a small PHP script. (That is why
most servers default to opening the file called index when you enter a
directory.