>I detest mac mail.  I don't understand why I can't change it from the
>default when I click on a webpage to send an email and damn damn damn mac
>mail opens.  Help!

You change the default email reader in Apple Mail's preference settings,
General tab. This setting applies system wide. This is not a good place
for this setting, totally illogical, but that is where it is.

I would call it a dirty trick to force you to look at Apple's Mail
program at least once. A bit coercive, not the way Apple typically does
business.

This one is on my FTFF list.