>Is this the most efficient use of the taxpayer's money to meet the
>enumerated responsibilities of the federal government?

Tax cuts are probably the least efficient form of government spending. It
is randomly tossing money to the winds. There is no direction to it. It
gets spent on things like $50,000,000 airplane toys, liquor and other
drugs, whores, mink coats, and general bling. We get isolated islands of
opulance surrounded by public squalor.

>One thing I can never get an answer to from proponents of big
>government is "How much is enough?".  Care to take a stab at it?

We are so far away from enough that "How much is enough?" is hardly a
reasonable question. When we start getting close to a decent society you
can raise that question. Right now the choice is between helping a sick
child or buying a diamond-encrusted gold tooth.