On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:31 PM, mike <xha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well..we carry around little devices that carry our music that can't compete
> at all with larger more cumbersome devices.  I don't think all ipod users
> are rubes just because they bought one.

  I think that you either misunderstood me or I failed to make my
point clear enough.  My point was that those folks who feel that
images captured by their cell phone are just as good as what one can
get from even a cheap or moderately priced camera are the rubes.  I
know a number of those folks.  To them, a 5 megapixel image from a
cell phone is the same as a 5 megapixel image from an actual camera.
In other words, the pixel count is the bottom line...period.  These
folks did not think this up themselves, however.  They have been
convinced of this by manufacturers.

>  We carry around laptops that can't
> compete with desktop units, are all laptop buyers rubes?

  No.  Only those who think that their laptop can do everything just
as efficiently and effectively as any desktop are the rubes.

  Steve