On Dec 4, 2009, at 9:35 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
Actually the cards are relatively cheap and have as long a life as the tapes.

I was taught to always use a new tape for every shoot. Every pass through the recorder increased the probability of drop outs. Never want to risk that.

Raw video is aprox 12GB per hour and 1GB of card storage is aprox $1. So $12 per hour. That is close what an hour of tape costs. I have no problem reusing the card storage again and again. So I think the card wins the second time I use it.

If you use your tapes over and over I think you are a putz not a pro.