Mike, maybe these are two diametrically opposed points of view.  I look
for a quality tool likely to produce a professional result, predictably
and efficiently.  My joy is the quality of the output and using
efficient, well-built tools.  You seem to look for the least-expensive
tool that can do a reasonable job.  Your joy might be in having a large
stock of tools of various quality, all low in cost.  Maybe these are
irreconcilable.  I might not be able to work well with you.

Thank you,
Mark Snyder