That's really too high a bar. This community is still small. These types
of procedural votes are majority votes. 3 days is always given to give
plenty of time to vote.

If you insist, I don't see why we can't keep the vote open for another
day or two, but I don't think it makes much sense to add some random
minimum number of votes needed. It doesn't really jive with how Apache
communities have worked in the past IMO.

The 3 days takes into account waiting a good amount of time for a vote -
adding a couple/few days, fine - but -1 to some kind of minimum voices
needed.

How many people are actually active on this project currently? 1.75? And
you want 8 votes? We are lucky to have drawn in the bystanders votes we
have.

- Mark