On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 15:07, Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, James Sparenberg wrote:
>
> > > - How to have more contributors?
> >
> > A bugzilla (or similar product) for the release version?  Seems strange
> > I know but if you hook people on the concept as users with a smaller bug
> > number (hopefully) in a release version you could well spark the
> > interest needed (as well as hone the skills needed) for working in
> > here.  Seems an odd angle I realize but since people keep saying. "I
> > don't program so they won't want me around".  Maybe something of this
> > nature will help in showing people that they can contribute.  Of course
> > in my case not being in the middle of a "Paycheck" major release at the
> > same time would help, but that's a personal problem "grin"
>
> http://bugs.mandrakelinux.com/
>
> # drakbug
> (I don't know how much this will be advertised and if it is all working
> and tested ... but note that bugs will probably treated more harshly than
> in bugzilla - where reporters are sometimes given usage tips when they
> have filed a non-bug)
>
> Regards,
> Buchan

Buchan,

   thanks .... I know that Vincent had/has been working on this... Is it
ready for prime time?  If so I know a number of folks on the expert list
that would be willing to assist via this tool.  But I'd rather let
Vincent make the announcement, since most of it will be in his lap, so
to speak.

James