> Warly wrote:
>
> > - We though a bit late in the 9.2 developement process to split cooker
> ml, we
> > should do it now.
>

> > - What could we do, as a community, to increase the acceptance of
> mandrakelinux?
>
> Boxes on the store shelves, and included at least as an option with far
> more new PC's. Did you notice what Lindows just did? Lindows is now
> installed on "all" new Seagate HD's, almost like all those 500, 700 &
> 1000 free hour AOL CD's we in the US don't seem to be able to avoid.

which reminds me of recent experiance with SuSE.
( i don't like them but i had to use it from time to time)

so,
what was i impressed from
( and i think could be really good addition for newbies)

hardware detection:
i swaped the hard drive(with installed SuSE 8.2) from one PC to another PC,
i then adjusted fstab (from rescue CD) , and rebooted on the second PC.
on boot in console mode i had to adjust only the XFree configuration,
all the other hardware was "found" and configured, after i logged in X.
I think this "feature" is quite nice for newbies, compared to the way it's
done in
Mandrake -- all hardware is configured under console at boot.
i might be wrong, but in console mode some of the features
of drakxtools are missing, so if the "hardware detection" is delayed until
log on,
this could be also a plus.

svetljo

PS.
how is this related to the above message :-) :
well if it's really possible to ship mandrake on hard drives,
this could make things easier for newbies.