Ben Reser wrote:

Well my experience is from seing lots of people ask me how to change it.
I don't think there is an objective answer to which one is better.  It's
a matter of personal preference.  Which one is the default should
correspond with the majority of the users.  Perhaps we need a club poll
to determine this.

I say leave it alone, since it's what the KDE people think it should be. Unless Mandrake is going to start unifying the desktop all of a sudden and next thing you know we have blue curve.

In my previous email I pointed out some serious usability problems with double-click that need to (should) be fixed before enabling double-click in KDE. Double-clicking in a tree is much more annoying to me than single-clicking on the desktop. OK, so we fix one Windows user's "problem" by making the desktop double click, but we create one just as serious by screwing up the treeviews, which are used all over the place in Windows, not just the desktop, so you can bet Windows users have seen them.

And of course it angers me that Mandrake would prefer to attract some phantom Windows users, than to keep th Linux user's it has happy. Where are all these Windows user's who said the only reason they weren't using Mandrake is because it (supposedly) doesn't have double-click?

Do you think someone is going to base Linux on whether it has double-click on by default or not? I sure hope this isn't the case.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>