Ben Reser wrote:
On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 08:17:50PM +0000, Adam Williamson wrote:

Windows uses the slightly ugly hack of the little plus signs on tree
views. To open a tree view level, you either double click the entry, or
single-click the tiny plus sign on it.

As does KDE in double click mode.

I use Windows several times a week (not on my computer). A treeview takes only a single click to display the associated page assuming that the tree has already been exapnded. I am not talking about expanding the tree, but displaying the page associate with a leaf, and it does not take a double-click, as I recall, in anything in Win9x and up (IE is installed, but I don't see how this matters. Even if IE replaces some of the standard controls on Win95, those controls would be the default on newer versions of Win9x and up anyway).

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>