On Fri Feb 07 12:54 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Austin Acton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > The point is not to become debian.  The point is to learn from their
> > organizational success.
>
> And failures, too.  Debian has some of each.
>
> How many developers do you see the Mandrake community having?

If I had to guess, I'd say somewhere between 40 and 100, somewhere
around 20-50% of whom are MandrakeSoft employees.  Don't quote me on
that, however.  It's a much smaller developer community than Debian
(especially if the more unofficial developers (Texstar, etc.) who
operate outside the system aren't counted), so the average developer has
more to do, but those numbers are skewed by the full-timers (how many
packages does Fred Crozat, for instance, maintain?).

I may ask a Debian maintainer and LUG-mate for his opinions on these
matters the next time I get a chance.

--
Levi Ramsey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The food of love is Mandrake root.
GPG Fingerprint: 354C 7A02 77C5 9EE7 8538  4E8D DCD9 B4B0 DC35 67CD
Currently playing: Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar
Linux 2.4.20-0.4mdk
 17:10:00  up 1 day,  1:33,  8 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.18, 0.13