Hi Matthias,

the change to src/java.base/windows/native/libjli/java_md.c looks good to me
now.

As for the test, I think you could also check a jar in a short path to exercise
both cases in JLI_Open.

And a few nits:
Line 506: better do:
Path pelp = pcreated.resolve(elp.jar);

Line 507:
2 spaces are one too much after elp

Line 508:
Insert 2 additional spaces in the source code string, a space between "){" and
another in the end after the ; of the System.out.println statement, like this:
createJar(elp, new File("Foo"), "public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println(\"Hello from ELP\"); }");

You could also do a little cleanup: Remove method     private static String
removeExtraQuotes(String in) { from line 64. It seems, it is not needed.

Best regards
Christoph