On Wed, 11 May 2022 17:55:16 GMT, Jorn Vernee <jver...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Oh nice! I was just thinking that the only possible way out of this
>> conundrum would be to somehow block the delivery of async exceptions (at
>> least outside of the user's exception handler). So, that seems to be exactly
>> what we need :)
>
> I went ahead and implemented this suggestion. Now we block async exceptions
> in on_entry, and unblock in on_exit.

Is it possible for these upcalls to be nested? If yes, we could add a boolean
to context to avoid unsetting the flag in those nested cases. And now that I
think we should probably add that check in NoAsyncExceptionDeliveryMark too if
we allow broader use of this flag. David added the NoAsyncExceptionDeliveryMark
code with that assert about nesting so maybe he might have more insights about
that.