Hi

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Nicola Corna <nic...@corna.info> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I can't make my X201 boot with the most recent commit: the screen turns on
> and it shows a blinking
> cursor, but that's all.
> Attached you can find the debug log: as you can see it has detected a stack
> smashing and it froze
> in a random point.

Having romstage stack smashed seems irrelevant for the no-boot issue.
That nehalem raminit code, struct raminfo, seems to eat a lot of stack
and an error message for that case was added with commit 2c3fd49. You
could try parent of that commit, but rumour is lenovo/x201 was a
no-boot case long time before that.

I can see int15h messages interleaved with SMP init, that looks odd to
me. Also, did the log really end inside 0:1f.0 PCI finalize or was
usbdebug logging just interrupted for some reason at that point?

> I don't have the build config right now, but it is based on the latest config
> in the board_status
> repo.
>
> Any idea?

Try current master with default config instead of a one derived from
last reported board_status. There has been lot of changes on
framebuffer kconfig settings. And we probably need the .config you
used to assess what's happening there.

Kyösti