I've been receiving your emails, too.
And I would also be interested in helping with list transcriptions.
Jacque

    On Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:43 AM, robertajmcnulty via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> wrote:

 Thanks for all your help. I have been receiving your e mails.  Roberta McNulty

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Jim McKane via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> Date: 11/07/2018 14:10 (GMT+00:00) To:
Searches on CTI
Hi CTI Supporters -
If you've already received this message, my apologies for yet another attempt
at this message.
However, I believe I found the issue with the list software vs. some newer
policies by the spam checkers down the line which caused a huge number of List
Members' email to be bounced back and their memberships disabled.

If you have not already responded, please give this your consideration.

Thanks, Jim-----------------------------------------------------------PROBLEM -
 as you know using any search engine to locate individual nameson any website
leaves a lot to be desired. As an example typing "jamesmckane" into any search
engine will find instances of James McKane with thetwo words beside each other
and in that order only.  If you only type jamesmckane (without the quotes) you
then get every page with the two wordsanywhere on those pages......... meaning
you might find Thomas McKane andJames Smith in your results but not James
McKane.
INVESTIGATION - I have invested a lot of time lately including investing
inconsiderable with a professional programmer  in an attempt to find
anautomated solution to the problem which has resulted in......... there isNO
easy way!  Why?  Well the major reason is CTI has far too many types ofrecords
in far too many formats to automate the process.
SOLUTION - The ONLY solution is plain brute force............ meaningmanually
creating spreadsheet lists of surnames and firstnames for eachpage on CTI. I
would then massage those lists into a fully searchabledatabase similar to the
one recently created for the Tithe Applotment Books.
QUESTIONS FOR YOU -
   - Do you feel this is a worthwhile project?   - If so, would you be willing
to type some lists for us?   - If so, please give us an idea of how many
hour/days/weeks you might   expect to dedicate to our project.
If you wish to keep your responses private, please email me directlyoff-list.
Thanks for your consideration,Jim McKane, webmasterJim McKane
South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario