Chris Berry wrote:
I've been looking at sqwebmail and squirrelmail as possible candidates for setting up our webmail interface on top of qmail. Does anyone have a recommendation one way or the other? (preferably with some reasons why)

I use both.

SqWebMail for the speed, and GPG.

SquirrelMail for the interface, and personalities (I use one system user for many email addresses and SqWebMail doesn't set Return-Path properly, so it's hard to reply to mailing lists).

Mind you SquirrelMail is REALLY slow as it relies on IMAP access. And it doesn't even have the option to connect to IMAP-SSL, so I have to do extra rules to block external normal IMAP access.

Things I don't like about SqWebMail - the 'default' interface. Yes I know I can change this, but some options are hardcoded still and cannot be changed. SquirrelMail has a template selection with premade templates already.

I have to say though the speed issue is a big one with me, so once I figure out how to hack on sentit.sh to include the From field as a Return-Path then I'll be happy (it's probably trivial but I've had no time to check). Maybe I'll delve into the code and see if I can come up with patches to add "personalities" support for addition into the code - just to learn C first ;)

/jesse