I have an advantage because my space is attached to my house -- it's
the former stable of a 400 year old farm house like thingie.  So I
installed a door bell which rings in the space and in the house.  So
far if anybody needs anything when I am not there they mostly send me
a tweet to be honest, it's faster than even ringing the bell. This is
fair because I send up a tweet when baked goods are coming out of the
oven :-)

Because of this setup, everbody knows this is a mom and pop shop, and
pop only shows up when something IT related must occur.

At least two of my members have taken to the role of house mother like
ducks to water and just take care of what needs taking care of without
my asking them to.  It seems to give them ownership, which is fine
with me.

But for many reasons I am for having somebody identifiably in the role
of space manager/concierge, even if you have to resort to having a
member be "front" every day.  In the right community you could have
fun with this -- like I dunno, have a red shirt that the "front"
person wears on his/her designated day.

Well, you don't actually have kill them before the end of the
espisode. :-)

Or a cow bell.  I dunno.  In my community this would only go at
carnaval, for these guys the house mother idea is the cinnamon in
their apple pie.  But I could see it work in a number of situations.

Jeannine
On Feb 20, 3:47 pm, Jack <[email protected]> wrote:
> We are going through the process of opening a space in Prescott
> (Launch Pad Prescott athttp://launchpadprescott.wordpress.com/). We
> are trying to decide if we need to hire someone to act as the Space
> Manager/concierge and wanted input from other space owners on how they
> have handled that.
> Thanks

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en.

Reply via email to