Kevin,
Yours is such a great story about not being tied to a physical space. I'm
so proud of you for having the tough conversations and walking away from
what you thought (a few short weeks ago) would be an amazing arrangement.
Hurrah!!! A bonus next step would be to raise your damage deposit funds
from your 20 interested people so they have a little buy-in :)

Angel