Hi,

> The kernel patch is just about the only really "advanced" thing I had to
> do. I currently don't really know how I should hack that up to be
> "consumable in general" (Should we do this all the time on ARM/aarch64
> by default? Only on some SoCs/CPUs? Should we create kernel/module
> parameters to do the above?).

Given the function it touches is highly arch specific already (it
comes down to "false on PPC without Coherent Cache, false on
Loongson3, true for everything else"), I'm pretty sure adding another
#elif defined(CONFIG_ARM) or so would be acceptable.
Not sure if there's any SOCs that should be exempted though...

drm_arch_can_wc_memory() seems to be used only in the amdgpu and
radeon drivers - so SOCs that use Freedreno etc. or boxes with nouveau
won't be affected (for now).

ttyl
bero